Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hailstorm!!

The yard at 3:45 AM
Hailstorm last night!  At 3:40 AM to be precise.  There may have been larger hail in the area in the past, but I don't remember it. It measured 1" and maybe a wee bit more.

I got photos of the hail and yard as soon as it was safe to go out.  The rest of the pics were taken after work.

1 Inch Hail!
I'll be getting to know our insurance agent pretty well.  We had 'ding' damage to all four vehicles sitting outside, one has a windshield crack too.

The house also took a beating.  Roof vents look like someone took a bat to them, shingles have divots, screens have holes as does the vinyl siding.  There will be lots of repairs to be done.

I'm happy (and maybe a little proud) to report my crooked little chicken coop sustained no damage at all, and the chickens seem none the worse for the wear.  Even with the time for damage assessment, I managed to get 4 fence posts in and by sundown on Friday we're hoping to have 100 feet of 6 foot tall fence up that will form part of the permanent (as permanent as things get on a homestead) chicken yard.  I'll have pics when the fence is up.
Roof vent took a beating

Even with all the damage, nothing is "non-functional". We are all safe and uninjured,  The livestock is fine, I hadn't put garden plants out yet so no losses there. Once again, even in the aftermath of a storm, we have a lot to be thankful for.  We are blessed!

Col. 1:9-12,

Mark
Dark spots are holes






No comments:

Post a Comment